Just because you no longer have a fax machine, doesn't mean you can't send faxes. Use the Outbound Fax feature in myTTNC to send attachments to fax numbers.
Follow the steps below to send a fax via myTTNC:
- Log in by either clicking on the login button in the header or by going to www.myttnc.co.uk
- Click on the
Faxtab in the left hand menu.
- Click on
Send a fax.
- In the first input box type the fax number you want to send the fax to.
- Select the TTNC number you want to send the fax from. This is the number that will be displayed on the receiving fax machine. Numbers that are currently set up as Fax to Email will be displayed at the top.
If you enable email receipts, you will receive a copy of the fax via email once it has been sent.
- You can upload the file you want to send in one of two ways:
- Drag and drop: the easiest way is to drag the file from your computer into the designated area.
- Select file: if drag and drop is not available in your browser, or you'd prefer to manually select the file yourself, just click the 'or select a file' button. This will allow you to select the file from your computer.
The file you upload must be either a PDF, JPEG or TIFF file. No other file formats are supported.
The maximum file size is 256 MB.
- Once the file has been uploaded, you will be able to view a preview. If it is a multipage document, use the arrows below to scroll through the pages. You can get an enlarged preview by clicking on the thumbnail.
To change the file that's going to be sent, click the
Remove file link below and then upload something else.
- When you're happy with the fax, click the
Send fax messagebutton.
Once you've followed the steps above, you will be taken to a page letting you know the progress of the fax. You can stay on that page until you get confirmation, or you can navigate away to other parts of myTTNC; don't worry, we'll give you a notification once the fax is sent.
You can also opt to receive an email confirmation (if you haven't already) once the fax has been sent, so you can navigate away or leave myTTNC altogether.
On rare occasions, there will be an issue with sending the fax. If this is the case, we will give you a notification of why the fax couldn't be sent. You will have two options:
- Start over: this will take you back to the Send a Fax page. You will need to follow the steps above to send a fax.
- Try again: this will try to send the fax again, use the same settings.
Common problems with sending faxes
Recipient busy / no answer - this is the most common cause for send failure, the machine can only accept one fax at a time, retry the send and it is likely to be successful.
Destination number is not in service or is not a fax line - try calling it, to make sure you hear the fax tone.
Receiving machine is off - you'll need to call to check their equipment is ready to receive your fax.
Communication error - the recipient hangs up before the fax has been transmitted.
Updated about a month ago
|Email to Fax|