If you've got a Local Number with us, you can receive SMS messages through it. There are three ways you can read the messages coming in to your Local Number - online on myTTNC, have them forwarded to your email or receive them directly on your mobile.
You can set up Inbound SMS on any local number, except for 0207 and 0208 numbers or any numbers that have been ported to us from other networks.
Just follow these steps on myTTNC to start receiving SMS messages to your Local Number:
- Log in by either clicking on the login button in the header or by going to www.myttnc.co.uk
- Click on the
Phone Numberstab in the left hand menu.
- Click on the
Editbutton on the number you want to setup Inbound SMS (this must be an 01 or 02 Local number).
Click the 'Edit' button
- Select Inbound SMS from the list of services.
Select 'Inbound SMS' from the list of services
- There are two ways to receive your SMS messages:
- Via email: this is free.
- Via SMS message to your mobile: Please note this will incur a cost of an SMS message. This cost is 6p per SMS unless you buy credits in bulk.
To add an email or mobile number, simply type it into the relevant destination field. You can add or remove destinations by clicking the plus and minus buttons next to the destination fields.
Type the destinations into the inputs
- To apply the settings, just click confirm. When someone sends an SMS message to your Local Number, we will forward the message to either your email address or mobile (or both).
As well as having your inbound messages forwarded to your email or mobile, you can also view any messages you've received in the SMS section of myTTNC. Discover how to view your SMS messages in myTTNC.
SMS messages should only contain latin characters.
Updated 11 months ago