Inbound SMS number restrictions
Not all of our numbers allow inbound SMS. This table shows the numbers which have the functionality and those that do not.
Number Type Purchased Ported All UK Local Numbers* *0207 & 0208 Local Numbers UK Mobile Numbers UK Non-Geographic Numbers All International Numbers^ ^US & Canadian Local Numbers ^Romanian National Numbers
There are three ways you can read the inbound messages - online on myTTNC, have them forwarded to your email or receive them directly on your mobile.
Virgin Mobile doesn't allow SMS messages to be sent to a landline telephone number.
Just follow these steps on myTTNC to start receiving SMS messages to your Local Number:
- Log in by either clicking on the login button in the header or by going to www.myttnc.co.uk
- Click on the
Phone Numberstab in the left hand menu.
- Click on the
Editbutton on the number you want to setup Inbound SMS (this must be an 01 or 02 Local number).
- Select Inbound SMS from the list of services.
- There are two ways to receive your SMS messages:
- Via email: this is free.
- Via SMS message to your mobile: Please note this will incur a cost of an SMS message. This cost is 6p per SMS unless you buy credits in bulk.
To add an email or mobile number, simply type it into the relevant destination field. You can add or remove destinations by clicking the plus and minus buttons next to the destination fields.
- To apply the settings, just click confirm. When someone sends an SMS message to your Local Number, we will forward the message to either your email address or mobile (or both).
As well as having your inbound messages forwarded to your email or mobile, you can also view any messages you've received in the SMS section of myTTNC. Discover how to view your SMS messages in myTTNC.
SMS messages should only contain latin characters.
Updated about a month ago