This allows you to automate the sending of an SMS at a specified time from your TTNC account to any number. The SMS send is scheduled when triggered by an event.
A single SMS consists of 160 characters and costs 6p or 1 SMS Credit. Longer messages will be concatenated into a multipart SMS consisting of 151 characters each.
All you'll need to get started is a TTNC account with a number and Call Credit and a Zapier account.
- Log into Zapier by going to www.zapier.com.
- Click on
Make a Zap!in the top menu bar.
- Select the App you'd like to use to trigger the TTNC App. In this example, I have selected 'Weather by Zapier'.
- Fill in the trigger information - you may need to follow help guides supplied by the platform you're using.
Once you've accepted the invitation to the Early Access, you should see the TTNC Zapier App under the 'Your Apps' section. If you're not able to see this, head to https://zapier.com/apps/ttnc/integrations and click 'Start using TTNC now!'
- Click on the TTNC Zapier App.
- Click on the
Choose Action Eventdropdown and select
Schedule an SMSand then click
Click on Sign in to TTNC.
A window should open and ask for your TTNC Credentials.
To be able to sign in, you'll need the email address and the password of the main myTTNC account holder.
You will also need a VKey which can be generated in the Applications section of myTTNC.
When creating a VKey to be used with Zapier, you will need to ensure that all IP addresses are allowed. To be able to do this, enter in
Once you've entered all the information, click
You'll be presented with the following required pieces of information - the Message, Destination, Originator, Year, Month, Day, Hour and Min.
- Message - The content of the SMS you want to send.
- Destination - The telephone number you want to send the SMS to. This should be a UK number formatted with the leading zero and be the full 11 or 10 digit number.
- Originator - Your TTNC number, registered mobile number or registered company name to display as the sender of the SMS.
- Year - The year for the scheduled time you want the SMS to be sent at. This should be the full 4 digit year, such as '2019'.
- Month - The month for the scheduled time you want the SMS to be sent at. This should be the numeric calendar representation including leading zeros, such as '02' for February.
- Day - The day of the month for the scheduled time you want the SMS to be sent at. This should be the numeric representation including leading zeros, such as '05' for the 5th of the month.
- Hour - The hour for the scheduled time you want the SMS to be sent at. This should be in a 24-hour format including leading zeros, such as '08' for 8 am.
- Min - The minute for the scheduled time you want the SMS to be sent at. This should include leading zeros, such as '07'.
You're also able to use information pulled through from the Trigger by clicking on the
Insert a field button.
Once you've entered in all the details, click
Test & Continue.
If your test has been successful, click
Done Editing and enable your Zap! Don't forget to give it a name to help you identify it.
Updated 4 months ago