To ensure you're compliant with the international regulatory requirements, we have collected all the information you will need to provide to purchase a number in every country we have.
The information and documentation necessary to verify your identity and address will need to be emailed to [email protected] to ensure a successful setup of your international number.
If you already have a TTNC phone number in any of the countries listed on this page, you must comply with the local country regulations.
We will continue to update this page with additional details, so please keep an eye on the page for the most current information.
'-' = Number Not Available; 'N/A' = Documentation Not Required.
1. Name, business name and contact phone numbers.
2. Company Registration Certificate. If an individual is performing the registration process, Passport or ID copy should be provided instead of a registration certificate.
3. Address worldwide.
4. Address in the same country as the number purchased.
5. Local address in the same area as the number purchased.
6. Local address in the same city as the number purchased.
7. Proof of address form (copy of utility bill no older than six months).
8. Registration form will be provided during the registration process for end-user to complete and sign.
a. Toll-Free Numbers can only be reached from the US and Canadian mainland and could be reclaimed by the regulator if unused for three months. ↩
b. Passport or ID copy: South African national identity document; South African biometric national identity card; passport (issued by any country).↩
c. Only scanned documents are acceptable for German number registration.↩
d. Dutch and Estonian registration process cannot be performed under personal details.↩
e. If registration is performed using personal details, end user's birth date and birthplace should be provided as well.↩
f. Letter of intention (LOI) must be provided for Estonia National registrations.↩
g. Service usage description must be provided for Venezualan Local numbers, and Thai Local & National numbers.↩
h. Passport or ID copy to be provided alongside the company registration certificate. ↩
i. Italian numbers require the Company's VAT number and the representative's tax ID↩
The identity verification information on ALL documents must match exactly.
For example, the name on a utility bill must exactly match the name on your driver's licence. If the bill is in the name of C.J. Smith and the ID is in the name of 'Charles John Smith' this will not be accepted.
Proof of address must also include your exact name on the document.
The documentation will be rejected if there is no name or has a different name to that given as the user of the number.
All documentary proof must be current.
The submitted evidence must not be expired or cancelled, and a utility bill must be less than three months old.
The documents must be submitted as JPEG, PNG, or PDF files.
If you have two or more documents to send, please combine them into a single PDF file of up to 2 MB and send one file.
Information correct to 19th July 2021
17th May 2021
- Poland now requires Company Registration Certificate and an address in the same area as the number.
16th March 2021
- Lithuania local numbers now requires an address in Lithuania. National numbers have no regulatory requirements.
- Slovenia now requires Company Registration Certificate and an address in Slovenia.
1st March 2021
- Numbers in China, El Salvador, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Kazakhstan, Panama, Peru and Ukraine are no longer available.
22nd May 2020
- Hungary now requires Company Registration Certificate and proof of address in Hungary.
21st February 2020
- The Netherlands now requires a local address in the same area as the number.
17th January 2020
- Latvia now requires Company Registration Certificate;
- Switzerland now requires Company Registration Certificate and Passport or ID copy;
- Croatia, Japan and South Africa now require Passport or ID copy in addition to Company Registration Certificate;
14th January 2020
- New Regulatory Page launched.
Updated 14 days ago