To ensure you're compliant with the new requirements, we’ve collected the regulatory information from each country in which we supply numbers.
The country-specific information can be viewed below. We will continue to update that page with additional details, so please keep an eye on the page for the most current information.
If you have a TTNC phone number in any of the countries listed on this page, you must comply with the local country regulations.
The identity verification information on ALL documents must match exactly.
For example, the name on a utility bill must exactly match the name on your driver's licence. If the bill is in the name of C.J. Smith and the ID is in the name of 'Charles John Smith' this will not be accepted.
Proof of address must also include your exact name on the document.
The submitted proof will be rejected if there is no name or has a different name to that given as the user of the number.
All documentary proof must be current.
This means that the document is not expired or cancelled, and where a utility bill is submitted this must be less than 3 months old.
The documents must be submitted as JPEG, PNG, or PDF files.
If you have two or more documents to send, please combine them into a single PDF file of up to 2 MB and send one file.
In order to purchase or to continue using an International Number in the following countries, you are required by the local country regulations to have an address within that country. In most cases, you will be required to supply TTNC with proof of that address and to your identity. More information can be found on the individual country pages below.
Australia (AU) - Local Number
Austria (AT) - National Number
Belgium (BE) - Local Number
Brazil (BR) - Local Number
Bulgaria (BR) - Local Number
Cyprus (CY) - Local Number
Czech Rep (CZ) - Local Number
Denmark (DK) - National Number
Dominican Republic (DO) - Local Number
El Salvador (SV) - Local Number
Finland (FI) - Local & National Numbers
France (FR) - Local & National Numbers
Germany (DE) - Local Number
Greece (GR) - Local Number
Hong Kong (HK) - National Number
Ireland (IE) - Local Number
Israel (IL) - Local Number
Italy (IT) - Local Number
Japan (JP) - Local Number
Latvia (LV) - Local Number
Lithuania (LT) - Local Number
Luxembourg (LU) - National Number
Malta (MT) - National Number
Mexico (MX) - Local Number
Netherlands (NL) - National Number
New Zealand (NZ) - Local Number
Peru (PE) - Local Number
Poland (PL) - Local Number
Portugal (PT) - National Number
Puerto Rico (PR) - Local Number
Romania (RO) - Local Number
Slovakia (SK) - Local Number
South Africa (ZA) - National Number
Spain (ES) - Local Number
Sweden (SW) - Local Number
Switzerland (CH) - Local Number
Currently, there are a number of countries where the regulations do not require an address in the same country as the number to be purchased, these are:
Canada (CA) - Local & Toll-Free Numbers
United States (US) - Local & Toll-Free Numbers
We are expecting the regulations, and the need for proof of address, to extend to all numbers in the future.
Information correct as of 23rd August 2019
- The purchase of an international number in every countries, except Canada and the USA require proof of local address.
- Australia - Proof of Address now required
- Belgium - Proof of Address now required
- Cyprus - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Dominican Republic - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- El Salvador - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Israel - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Finland - Proof of Address now required
- Latvia - Proof of Address now required
- Malta - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Netherlands - Proof of Address now required
- Peru - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Puerto Rico - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Poland - Proof of authorised representative no longer required
- Japan - More proof of business information required
- Lithuania - Proof of ID and Lithuanian Address now required
Lithuanian numbers did not previously require a local address
- Luxembourg - Address requirement changed from National Address to Local Address
- Mexico - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- New Zealand - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
New Zealand numbers did not previously require a local address
- Bulgaria - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Czech Republic - Proof of Address now required
- Greece - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Romania - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Slovakia - Proof of ID and Local Address now required
- Sweden - Proof of Address now required
- Finland - Address requirement changed from Local Address to Any Address